COMPOSITES GROWTH INITIATIVE PROGRAM SUMMARY
ACMA’s Composites Growth Initiative (CGI) works to promote and expand the use and understanding of composites in a variety of market segments. CGI coordinates the advocacy, communications, education, and technical support required for various projects. The Committees of the CGI represent leading composites markets, manufacturing processes or products. Corporate members in each group work together to focus on specific projects to expand markets for composites as they compete against traditional materials. Through the development of (or action on) relevant codes and standards, outreach with the academic community, and promotion to end users, these groups are helping ACMA to grow the composites industry.
The Coordinator, Composites Growth Initiative (CGI) Committees supports 11 major Committees of the CGI program, in addition to subcommittees and task groups of these major committees. The position requires effective coordination with staff and actively engaging member companies to coordinate committee meetings and activities. Key components of the position include routine support of CGI committees, including committee coordination, member tracking and engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific CGI activities include but are not limited to:
· Committee Coordination: Works with the CGI Committee Chairs to schedule meetings, develop agendas and slide decks, take, and distribute meeting minutes, and follow-up on action items. Actively manages membership lists for all CGI Committees. Manages CGI Committee projects including budgets, timelines, and coordination with other departments.
· Project Support: Supports CGI Manager or VP, CGI in the execution of projects developed by the CGI Committees including planning, communication, monitoring, and completion. This includes effective communication with staff and committee members.
· Financial Tracking Support: Supports the CGI Manager or VP CGI in routine financial tracking of committee operating budgets as well as collection of committee membership dues and activity fees.
· Membership Support: Maintains membership lists and prospect list. Provides routine and ad hoc support for Membership and Marketing Department through targeted membership campaigns.
· Committee Communications Support: Documents the activities of the CGI Committees to the ACMA members and the rest of the composites industry to provide content for e-announcements, web site information, Insider, Board Briefs, and other modes of communications.
· Event Support: Provide support and coordination for educational workshops, Composites Technology Days, and trade show activities to the CGI Committees and events department as needed.
· Customer Service Provider: Provides support for CGI Committee Chairs and Committee members to manage on-going programs, projects, or initiatives.
· Office Management Support: Provides support for other CGI related office management duties as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.