The American Bankers Association is the banking industry's champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale - ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
Did you know that women and other marginalized groups are often reluctant to submit job applications if they don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We encourage you to take a chance! If you don’t satisfy every criterion, but know you can excel in the role, we urge you to apply! We’d love to connect and talk with you about joining our team.
Employer of Choice: ABA is recognized as a 2023 Great Place to Work!
The Accounting Coordinator and Senior Administrative Assistant, and is responsible for providing administrative support to the O&F staff, specifically regarding purchase orders, invoice management, vendor verification, contract submissions, phone coverage, collection calls, written correspondence, mail processing, and submission of ABA documentation like W-9s. The Accounting Coordinator and Senior Administrative Assistant is also responsible for administrative tasks related to the Metro Smart Benefit, Prepaid Card, and corporate card programs. This role also assists the Executive Assistant with event planning, both for departmental occasions, as well as external events with customers or other partners.
Provide administrative, accounting, and logistical support to O&F:
• Enter purchase requisitions, supplier invoices, and receiving information into the Workday financial management system.
• Perform vendor/supplier/payee banking information verification per ABA’s internal controls.
• Submit contracts into the contract management system for processing by ABA’s legal department.
• Make collection calls and inquiries to customers for unidentified checks.
• Provide phone coverage as needed for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
• Assist with O&F departmental budget tracking and/or data entry.
• Complete requests for tax identification numbers (W9 forms) for ABA and other affiliates and submit by mail, e-mail and/or fax.
• Type and edit correspondence including, but not limited to audit confirmations.
• Help process outgoing mail as necessary, including tax returns and tax extensions following special mailing instructions when required.
• Open, sort and distribute incoming mail.
• Provide other administrative support such as photocopying, faxing, ordering supplies, and maintenance of filing system.
• Provide support to O&F staff as required.
Event Planning -- In collaboration with Executive Assistant:
• Facilitate office luncheons, staff birthday acknowledgements, and other departmental meetings.
• Organize annual in-person Investment Advisory Committee Meeting at out of state location(s).
Other Administrative Tasks:
• Administer Metro Smart Benefit Program for ABA staff.
• In partnership with the Executive Assistant, administer ABA Corporate Credit Card and/or Purchasing Card program.
• Other duties as assigned by business need.
3-5 years of experience serving in an administrative support capacity or customer service role.
Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Ability to work successfully with all levels of professionals, both internal and external to ABA.
Strong administrative skills including proficiency with the MS Office suites, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as experience using Enterprise Resource Planning tools, particularly financial management systems; experience with Workday preferred.
Strong customer service and organizational skills required.
Strong attention to detail required.
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated, hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!
The American Bankers Association is the united voice of America’s hometown bankers—small, regional and large banks that together employ more than 2 million women and men, hold nearly $17 trillion in assets, safeguard $12.8 trillion in deposits and extend more than $9 trillion in loans. ABA believes that government policies should recognize the industry’s diversity. Laws and regulations should be tailored to correspond to a bank’s charter, business model, hometown markets and risk profile. This policymaking approach avoids the negative economic consequences of burdensome, unsuitable and inefficient bank regulation. Through a broad array of information, training, staff expertise and other resources, ABA supports America’s hometown bankers as they perform their critical role as drivers of America’s economic growth and job creation.