IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
IEEE has an opportunity for an experiencedadministratorto play a critical role in establishing and maintaining successful relationships between the IEEE StandardsAssociation (IEEE SA) and the Volunteer community, acting as a direct link between them. Work closely with volunteers to ensure that good standards development practices are understood and followed while also ensuring the efficient operation of governanceboards and their standing committees.
We’ll look to you for assistance in developing policy, process and system solutions that address the concerns of governance committee and/or technical committeemembers as well as rely on you to maintain the integrity of SA web pages and be a resource for staff regarding governance activities.
* Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
* 4 - 7years of governance or related industry experience
* Demonstrated knowledge of open source environment
* Experience working with internal and external stakeholders along with a diverse,global community
* Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects while working under deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite, GitLab, and web page maintenance
* Ability to write and communicate clearly with open source participants, standards developers and IEEE SA Governance committees
* Ability to translate system needs into text for technical specifications and/or system enhancement requests
* Availability for some travel in the future
View the full job description and submit your resume at:
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.”This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
The IEEE (Eye-triple-E) is a non-profit, technical professional association of more than 377,000 individual members in 150 countries. The full name is the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., although the organization is most popularly known and referred
to by the letters I-E-E-E