Apply for the job — Stay for the Mission. AFCEA seeks an early career content strategist who will be responsible for developing and executing an enterprise-wide strategy to best present, package and disseminate AFCEA content, from news articles to webinars, executive videos, blogs, events, sponsored content and more, bringing imagination and simplicity to the process. We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking candidate with a passion for storytelling and optimizing content for a global audience.
The content strategist will work with AFCEA media, marketing and events teams to deliver end-to-end content supporting the enterprise. The successful candidate will be able to reach across the organization, will be self-directed, yet equally comfortable contributing within a large team environment.
In this role, you will:
- Create and maintain a blog to promote all AFCEA content.
- Oversee content products to ensure they are complementary and mission focused.
- Work with the editorial team to ensure content uses key words to improve SEO and CLR.
- Work with the events teams to ensure visibility for content products.
- Work with staff and social media manager to optimize content distribution on social media.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the enterprise and with chapter leadership/contacts to facilitate the distribution of content using a wide range of channels.
- Own delivering on complex projects on tight deadlines.
- Experience managing content projects, including coordinating with other teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, journalism, communications, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong portfolio emphasizing work for the web, apps, and communications.
- Demonstrate project management experience.
- Impeccable grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Nestled next to Fair Oaks Mall, AFCEA headquarters is in Fairfax, Virginia. AFCEA is only considering local candidates at this time.
AFCEA is a non-profit, member-based association. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
AFCEA is an equal opportunity employer.