The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 54,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 175 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last four years.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
This position is responsible for driving activities related to recruitment, selection, hiring, and staffing processes. Create and foster relationships to attract and recruit candidates of diverse backgrounds. Utilize various sourcing and pipeline strategies to proactively identify qualified candidates that match short and long-term needs. This position is a .6-.8 FTE (24-32 hours per week).
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the recruitment and selection process. Recommend and implement effective recruitment strategies and programs. Create, implement, and update various recruitment resources for hiring managers to utilize throughout the process. Conduct interview training as necessary.
· Develop recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas to ensure an availability of qualified applicants. Develop job postings/ads, and conduct outreach efforts including college recruitment, job boards, job fairs, networking, social media, and targeted recruitment.
· Work in conjunction with the Hiring Manager to create, update, and finalize job descriptions on an as needed basis and in preparation for the compensation analysis project which occurs every 3 years.
· Analyze resumes and candidates to determine job and organization fit. Conduct thorough phone interviews, video interviews, and live interviews. Present most qualified candidates to hiring managers.
· Coordinate manager and team interviews. Provide interviewers with necessary candidate interview materials, including resume, phone screen notes, and interview guides/candidate evaluation forms.
· Guide Hiring Managers through decision making and offer process. Provide input when needed. Work through successful offer negotiations on all hired candidates.
· Conduct references/background checks on all final candidates. Transition new hires for orientation/on-boarding. Conducts “Day One” new employee orientation.
· Conduct informal check-ins and formal follow-up surveys with managers and new hires to determine effectiveness of recruiting process.
· Identify and select permanent and temporary agencies to supplement as necessary. Manage vendor relationships, and act as liaison between vendor, hiring manager, and candidate.
· Lead initiative to build and enhance recruitment/employer brand to target candidates that are a match for our established culture and values.
· Subject-matter expert with UltiPro recruitment module (ATS system). Set-up system as necessary, maintain accurate information, recommend changes, keep up-to-date SOPs, train others as necessary, etc.
· Provide weekly and monthly recruitment reporting and metrics. Analyze, provide recommendations, and adjust.
· Manage the Administrative Specialist, coordinate schedule, and gather performance feedback.
· Manage and participate in various HR and company-wide projects and initiatives. Collaborate with HR team and other departments as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related field.
· Minimum of 4 years of relevant recruitment experience.
· Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or AIRS certification(s) preferred.
· Proven training and experience in various interviewing techniques and methodologies.
· Thorough knowledge of state/federal laws.
· Computer proficiency in a Windows/Microsoft environment. Experience using ATS systems, preferably UltiPro.
· Demonstrate personal integrity in interactions with staff, candidates and agencies.
· Ability to objectively coach managers through recruitment and decision-making process.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last four years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!