The Director of Marketing will lead the development and implementation of ongoing and new marketing strategies, with a particular focus on digital marketing, to increase understanding and engagement by AACOM stakeholders and the public. The Director will also manage the stewardship of the AACOM brand, and manage AACOM’s primary digital properties, including AACOM.org and ChooseDO.org. This person will direct a team of two and serve as a member of the senior leadership team for AACOM.
· Develop, execute, and measure the success of AACOM’s marketing strategy and annual plans to drive engagement and awareness of AACOM, osteopathic medical education, graduate medical education and AACOM’s programs and services.
· Serve as a strategic partner to the Recruitment and Admissions team to help grow osteopathic medical school applications through AACOMAS. This includes strategic marketing counsel, planning and tactical support.
· Oversee the development of email marketing campaigns and AACOM e-newsletters and identify Key Performance Indicators and other analytics to measure success.
· Manage current AACOM digital properties to include tracking and resolving open issues, collaborating with subject matter experts to keep content up to date, and planning for and creating new websites as needed. Collaborate with IT on technology and web business development needs for the organization as needed.
· Lead development of overall marketing campaign to generate interest and attendance at AACOM’s annual conference, collaborating with others on the Marketing and Communications team for an integrated and strategic effort.
· Partner with Director of Media Relations and Manager, Social Media and Analytics to develop integrated campaigns that leverage the power of earned and social media together with marketing and other outreach efforts in ways that strategically advance overall marketing and communications goals and priorities. Includes collaboration to leverage paid digital strategies to increase visibility of AACOM, including SEO, behavioral targeting, display, PPC and referral programs.
· Manage AACOM brand, messaging, and graphics standards; keep brand book and other related materials up to date.
· Identify and recommend areas to optimize digital marketing activities and test new digital programs.
· Other duties as assigned by the VP, Marketing and Communications.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing and communications or related field required.
· Minimum of 10 years of relative experience is required, preferably with an educational or medical institution, membership association or marketing agency. Should include experience with digital marketing forms like content marketing and social media marketing, as well as website development/optimization.
· Track record in creating successful and effective marketing campaigns with measurable results.
· Analytical and creative thinker, with the ability to analyze problems and create solutions.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills.
· Proficiency with HTML, WordPress, CMS/CRM and other digital marketing platforms, SEO and PPC, broadcast email tools and design software. Experience with Sitefinity a plus.
· Knowledge of web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics, WebTrends) and Google Adwords. Google certification is a plus.
· Collaborative, team player with ability to motivate and influence others, as well as garner consensus from a large team and obtain stakeholder buy-in on new, complex or challenging ideas.
· High capacity to work under pressure/deadlines.
· Mature judgement.
· Detail-oriented with strong project management skills.
· Track record of successfully managing individuals and/or teams.
About American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) was founded in 1898 to lend support and assistance to the nation's osteopathic medical schools, and to serve as a unifying voice for osteopathic medical education.