NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association is recruiting for a Meetings Manager to join our Meetings Department in the Member Engagement Division. This position will report to the Director of Meetings and play an integral role in planning and executing various association meetings and conferences. As part of our team, you will work closely with Member Engagement staff on maximizing the attendee experience at our events, collaborate with department staff on meeting logistics and budgets, and engage with various outside vendors such as hotels, convention centers, and AV companies.
What will you do?
1) Negotiate contracts, plan logistics, and manage on-site execution of various association meetings and conferences. Evaluate and contract with hotel properties and develop budgets for future events. Prepare logistical requirements for meetings in coordination with hotel/convention center services departments. Track logistical details for meetings, including handling VIP requests. Provide on-site logistical management for meetings as needed. Review hotel bills for accuracy and allocate charges for payment.
2) Oversee and manage housing needs for various association meetings, as needed.
3) Work closely with Meetings department staff to provide support for planning and execution of association meetings and conferences.
4) Manage off-site events and tours related to various association meetings and conferences.
5) Prepare, review, and edit promotional and program copy, including mobile app content, for various association meetings and conferences.
6) Collaborate with Member Services staff on various logistical tasks, including preparation related to vendor expos, as needed. Confer with Finance staff on budgets, as needed.
7) Serve as a primary contact for affiliates regarding their meeting needs.
8) Work closely with the Director of Meetings and fellow Meetings Manager in the development of short- and long-range planning and strategic endeavors.
10) Maintain positive relationships with a large membership base and internal association staff.
11) Perform other special projects or duties, as required.
The ideal candidate will meet the following position requirements:
Understanding and working knowledge of: computer systems, software, and database management; logistics pertaining to meetings and conferences; hotel industry, operations, policy, and administration; audio/visual technology as it relates to meetings; and general accounting principles and practices.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as demonstrated skills with organization, negotiation, and project management.
Practical knowledge, skills, and abilities usually acquired through an undergraduate degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience. CMP preferred but not required.
Why work for us?
NTCA offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including, health and wellness plans, Metro/parking subsidy, flexible work schedules, multiple retirement programs, and many more. We are located in a modern office within walking distance of the Ballston Metro Station.
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of the members we serve, apply here:
NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association is the premier association representing nearly 900 independent, community-based telecommunications companies that are leading innovation in rural and small-town America. NTCA advocates on behalf of its members in the legislative and regulatory arenas, and it provides training and development; publications and industry events; and an array of employee benefit programs. In an era of exploding technology, deregulation and marketplace competition, NTCA’s members are leading the IP evolution for rural consumers, delivering technologies that make rural communities vibrant places in which to live and do business. Because of their efforts, rural America is fertile ground for innovation in economic development and commerce, education, health care, government services, security and smart energy use.