Summary Provides account management and leadership skills to ensure that the client operational and service goals are achieved while offering strategic solutions and best practice recommendations. Identifies and escalates growth and expansion opportunities. Candidates should be well rounded, having worked inside of an association, trade show, corporate or third party meeting and event environment and/or in a hotel, convention center or other meeting and event facility.
The scope for this role is to manage a customer base assumed to generate between $1M -4M approximately in gross revenue to Experient annually. No direct reports.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Reports directly to VP, Strategic Account Management. Internal working relationships with Project Manager, Sourcing Manager, Meeting & Event Managers, Registration and Housing Specialist and On-Site Deployment team.
Define, lead and manage company service implementation strategy with assigned accounts. Nurture and foster a strategic relationship with all clients as assigned. Present accurate and professional Master Service Agreement (MSA) to all clients as required. Ensure information in InforCRM (CRM) is up to date and accurate for all assigned accounts.
Account management of assigned accounts: Proactively engage with client contacts, leadership and account operations to create, implement and follow a strategic plan. Develop and nurture relationships with Sr. Level Executives within client organizations. Effectively partner with Operations team to ensure optimal service delivery. Strategically understand goals and objectives of client organizations. Accurate budget and forecast monthly, quarterly and annual. Attend client on-sites with strategic goals in mind.
Manage revenue development within assigned accounts to achieve assigned revenue and profitability objectives: Achieve a minimum of 100% in revenue goals. Maximize account profitability through new product and service penetration. Lead client service agreement renegotiations and pricing adjustments to achieve desired objectives.
1. Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
2. Senior level experience in sales management or client service leadership within the event industry (association, tradeshow, third party or hotel). Emphasis in sales and/or service strategy and implementation required.
3. Superior analytical, negotiation, presentation and writing skills.
4. Strong history of superior human relations skills – dealing sensitively and effectively with others, setting and monitoring goals and motivating peers and associates.
5. High level of computer proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
6. Strong account management and project management experience with a focus on profit & loss impact and measuring goal achievement.
7. Ability to travel up to 30% of time required.
Internal Number: R9238
When you work at Experient, A Maritz Global Events Company, you work for a company that is a leader in integrated meeting and event solutions. We provide world-class service to thousands of events each year. What makes us truly unique? We are the only company that can creatively and conveniently engineer and fully integrate the total event experience – one that is distinct, memorable and efficient and drives bottom line results to meet our client’s goals.
We have gathered the most experienced minds in the industry into one company. Experient is setting a new standard for the event industry. Our unique, centrally-managed total solution structure provides our clients with unparalleled insights and solutions to create the perfect total event experience.