NMHC is seeking a Political Action Committee (PAC) Director responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of NMHC PAC. The position requires a highly motivated, team-oriented candidate with prior fundraising and PAC management experience, strong organizational skills and attention to detail. A strong compliance background is a plus.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all administrative functions for the PAC
• Oversee and prepare all record-keeping for PAC.
• Manage PAC receipts and disbursements
• Develop PAC reports for internal and external purposes
• Maintain relationships and correspondence with key NMHC members and staff.
• Assists in planning meetings and events for the PAC, such as fundraisers and receptions.
• Prepare, organize and file quarterly lobbying reports for NMHC staff
• File and prepare quarterly LD-1 and semiannual NMHC LD-3
• Develop and maintain relationships with key political fundraisers and party committees.
• Track election information and provide updates throughout the election cycle.
• Keep abreast of new changes to Lobbying Disclosure Act and guidelines
• Other duties as assigned to support Government Relations and overall NMHC mission.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Work-related experience in PAC administration, Financial management and/or fundraising a plus
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in Political Action Committee operations and current knowledge of federal election campaign laws management;
• Strongly preferred experience with campaign finance and election laws.
• Knowledge of the political and legislative process
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
•Strong evidence of being an effective team player in diverse environments.
•Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks effectively as well as to work independently with minimum supervision required.
•Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
•Prior experience with Cision PAC software or similar software a plus
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
Send materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the following subject line when submitting materials: PAC Director— [Your Last Name]
Only email applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
You will be contacted only if selected for an interview.
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer
Additional Salary Information: NMHC offers attractive, competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits, paid vacation, 401k plan.
About National Multifamily Housing Council
Based in Washington, DC, the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) is the leadership of the trillion-dollar apartment industry. We bring together the prominent owners, managers and developers who help create thriving communities by providing apartment homes for today’s 37 million Americans. NMHC provides a forum for insight, advocacy and action that enables both members and the communities they help build to thrive.