The Health Management Academy (The Academy) is a knowledge-based company exclusively for the executives of the largest integrated health systems and the industry's most innovative healthcare companies. Founded in 1998, the same decade that many of the leading health systems were created, The Academy and its members have evolved together. Since its inception, The Academy has built a material record of leadership development, independent research, and policy analysis, and has become the definitive trusted source for peer-to-peer learning of the largest integrated health systems.
The Academy is currently looking for Meeting Services Director, a key member of the Meeting Services team. This position is great for a current Manager or Senior Manager looking to advance their career.
The Meeting Services Director works directly with the Meeting Services team and Forum Directors to organize and coordinate Academy meetings and events. This role is also responsible for handling member relationships for assigned forums or special initiatives. Additionally, the Meeting Services Director is responsible for the organization and execution of their semi-annual membership meetings. Role & Responsibilities:
• Build and maintain relationships with high level health system executives & industry members
• Write, distribute and track communication and marketing efforts
• Manage all assigned meetings from start to finish, including RFP, hotel contract, rooming lists, meeting specifications, event orders, onsite management (logistics and registration) and budget management.
• Draft, manage, and execute a 20-week work plan outlining all meeting deadlines and deliverables.
• Conduct weekly update meetings with key stakeholders, hold team members accountable to deadlines.
• Work with the Meeting Services Manager to prepare onsite for all aspects of a meeting: daily schedule at a glance creation, materials printing, verifying room set-ups, monitoring food & beverage, dinner seating assignments and management, onsite attendee registration, etc. • Create, compile, manage, and report meeting data using Cvent or other software programs
• Create event registration forms and websites using Cvent.
• Create and update event websites
• Coordinate member registrations (hotel, activities, dietary restrictions, etc.)
• Help create and maintain the Crowd Compass app. • Work with Forum Director to organize presentations and session materials for the meeting, and upload them to the mobile app and AcademyNet.
• Various other office/meeting tasks as assigned. This might include other duties such as, updating member directories, preparing and printing meeting supplies for shipment, shipping supplies, ordering meeting supplies etc.
• Reports to the Vice President, Meeting Services
• Demonstrated ability to execute operationally
• Outgoing, action-oriented individual with strong work ethic and hands-on attitude
• Ability to work independently and thrive in an entrepreneurial, growth-oriented business environment
• Ability to interact with high level executives in a professional manner • Excellent customer service skills for interactions with clients, meeting attendees, vendors and members
• Strong communication (written and verbal), proofreading, time management and organizational skills
• Exceptional project management skills with attention to detail
• Problem solving, flexible, analytical thinking, ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
• Able to take on other duties as needed
• Proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with SharePoint a plus
• Fluency with Event Management Software such as Cvent
• Technology Savvy
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to work 14+ hour days when working onsite at a meeting
• The person in this position frequently communicates with members both over the phone and in person. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
• Must be able to maintain a stationary position (sitting or standing) for an extended period of time
• Frequently pack and move boxes and lift audiovisual equipment up to 20 pounds
• Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
Education and Experience:
• This position is great for a current Manager or Senior Manager looking to advance their career
• Must have 5-7 years of meeting planning experience
• Travel 10+ weeks per year. First year of employment may require more travel for training purposes.
• Air travel and overnight stays up to 8 days at a time will be required. Travel involves attendance at select meetings and site visits.
About The Health Management Academy
Founded in 1998, The Health Management Academy is exclusively comprised of executive members from the country's largest integrated health systems and a strategic balance of the industry's most innovative companies. The Academy's model of educational programming assesses the top priorities of its members, monitors the organization and development of large health system executive teams, and facilitates structured interaction among its health system members. Peer-focused, problem-solving based programs—where the latest Academy research, policy analysis and expert views on the issues driving healthcare are analyzed and discussed—create the foundation for developing the leadership strategies and skills needed to guide strategically critical health system decisions.