Administrative, Clerical, Support, Development and Foundation, Project Management/Program Development
4 Year Degree
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator to work within our high energy Foundation group. The Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of the Academy and is the only charitable organization devoted exclusively to promoting nutrition and dietetics.
This position will provide support for all Foundation programming through professional writing, creating presentations and supporting the Senior Program Manager in maintaining project deadlines. This position is crucial in the execution of the Foundation’s scholarship, award, grant and Fellowship programs.
* Contributing to the success of the scholarship, award and grant programs, including supporting the day to day operations for these programs as well as promoting the programs.
* Supporting the Fellowship program through promotion, initial applicant vetting and onboarding.
* Responding to applicant and reviewer inquiries relating to scholarship, award, grant and Fellowship applications; managing the respective databases.
* Executing tasks which foster public education on important nutrition topics.
* Assisting with Foundation events at the annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™
* Four year college degree required, ideally in nutrition/dietetics, marketing/public relations or nonprofit management.
* 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
* Excellent people, writing and communication skills. The ideal candidate is a team player who can multitask while possessing a sharp attention to detail.
* Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word proficiency is vital.
The Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, pre-tax spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and stimulating team-based work environment. Also the Academy is conveniently headquartered near public transportation: METRA’s Union and Ogilvie train stations, CTA ‘L’ train and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, protected veteran status, protected disabled status or other characteristics protected by law.
About Academy of Nutrition & Dieteti
For the public, for Academy members, for students and for health professionals - the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is your source for trustworthy, science-based food and nutrition information. As the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, the Academy is committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession of dietetics through research, education and advocacy.