Achieves maximum sales, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the Association’s products and/or related services. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/members.
Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective members through a relationship-based approach.
Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential members and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
1. Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current members and prospective members in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the Association’s products/services.
2. Makes telephone calls and on occasion, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective members.
3. Researches sources for developing prospective members and for information to determine their potential.
4. Expedites the resolution of members’ problems and complaints.
5. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, and accounting.
6. Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective members’ value to the organization.
7. Creates and manages a member value plan for existing members highlighting value opportunities.
8. Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
9. Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
10. Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
11. Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
12. Participates in some trade shows and convention activities.
REPORTING: Reports to the Director of Sales and Membership.
Strong telephone or association sales experience
Solid experience with Salesforce.com (CRM) required
Experience with iMIS 20.2 (AMS)
Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software
The Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA) is the professional organization of the $166.1 billion third-party logistics industry. TIA is the only organization exclusively representing transportation intermediaries of all disciplines doing business in domestic and international commerce. TIA is the voice of transportation intermediaries to shippers, carriers, government officials and inter...national organizations. TIA is the United States member of the International Federation of Freight Forwarder Associations (FIATA).